Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Project Wild at Eisenhower Park

What a bummer! I appreciate the rain and I love the outdoors, however, due to the wheather I don't feel I don't feel I gained as much as I could have. I also really would have loved to go on that hike.

On the sunny, clear blue sky of things, I did see a lot of examples that I can use when I student teach or teach a class of my own. For example, I was in a group that had to present the "How Many Bears Can Live in This Forest?" I love games, I love teaching kids games, and I thought this was an excellent game to teach kids about limiting factors and how they affect animals.

Another postitive was that I received two beautifully made books that give endless project possiblities...I love them plus they were free!

I do have some questions about some things: if this experience is only 8 of 45 hours toward becoming a certified project wild facilitator, how do we gain the other 37 hours? Also, if the weather is severe enough, why isn't there a back up plan? 

Oh, I have also made a mental note to myself: "Buy some rainboots." 

1 comment:

  1. Your game was great! Sadly, I died because I did not get enough food! But this game is great to play with children because they are learning so much while having fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete